It’s crazy how time flies. Here it is over three weeks since I last blogged with a recap of the Cherry Blossom 10-miler, and this weekend I’m heading to Philly for another 10-Miler – the Broad Street 10-Miler. I’ve never run it, and hadn’t planned to, but a friend of a friend wasn’t able to run and offered a bib so I’m doing it as a training run for the Historic Half, which I can’t believe is a little over two weeks away! I’ll post a recap of Broad Street next week!
About two weeks ago, Tempie at The Texas Peach did a Liebster Award post and I’m one of the 11 bloggers she nominated. This is the first time I’m doing this, so it should be fun! With work, workouts and life in general I’m just now getting around to doing my own post.
Liebster is a German word meaning dearest. The Liebster Award is an “award” that bloggers give to up and coming bloggers or to someone they think deserves recognition for their blogging. It’s also a great way to possibly discover a great new blog to read! Thanks for the nomination Tempie!
[PARDON THE FORMATTING…]
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
My 11 random facts are:
- I am very uncomfortable with heights. I only realized this a couple years ago, but have figured out that as long as I don’t look down I am ok. The Space Needle in Seattle was a little rough but I don’t get sick which is a relief.
- I am dying to try a bunch of new group fitness classes I’ve been hearing about – SoulCycle, FlyWheel, trampoline fitness, barre, etc.
- Since the second season of Game of Thrones finished last year, I’ve been reading the A Song of Ice and Fire books. I’m on the fourth book now.
- I love SUP-boarding, where you stand on a surf board and paddle along! A friend talked me into it last year and it was a great time!
- My two favorite movies are Dazed and Confused and Pride and Prejudice – so incredibly different, but love them equally!
- I love being an aunt!
- I love beer and wine – I really enjoy craft beers and visiting wineries
- I’m a big baseball fan – go Phillies!
- I have two fur-babies – cats named Danny and Mimi. Both love their mama!
- I have no issue going to the movies by myself. I don’t get to the movie theater often but if there’s a movie I want to see while it’s in the theater I’ll go alone. Most recently I saw The Hobbit by myself.
- My car is always a mess! I never take stuff out of it. For someone with no kids it’s pretty bad!
The 11 Questions Tempie has asked me
Do you have any siblings?
Yes – I have two older brothers. Being the only girl and the youngest is pretty sweet!
What is your favorite type of food?
That totally depends on my mood! There are days I crave burritos, and days I crave Chinese or Italian. I’m non-discriminating. Becoming a vegetarian a few years ago has been eye-opening for me and I’ve discovered all sorts of food that I love and wouldn’t have tried before.
What’s your favorite clothing store?
I could spend hours in the sporting goods store but also love trendy (but affordable) boutiques.
What’s your favorite type of music?
I am a fan of most types of music and go through phases – lately I’ve been on an Eagles and Broadway kick.
If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
Europe! I’ve never been overseas and would love to visit Italy and Ireland.
Grocery shopping- Love it or hate it?
Both… love browsing, finding new foods and planning meals; hate getting sucked into it and buying food I don’t need. My pantry is packed with stuff and every time I use something, I buy more.
Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning definitely! Less than I used to be, but I have a much easier time getting up early than staying up late.
What are some of your favorite beauty products?
I use very few on a day-to-day basis. I love Benefit blushes (Dallas and Dandelion) NARS lipgloss, Mary Kay mascara, Olay CC cream, and Maybelline whipped foundation.
Would you rather go camping or stay in a fancy hotel?
I’ll take the hotel! I grew up camping on holiday weekends in the summer with my family, but we had a travel trailer so it had a lot of creature comforts. My Ragnar Relay team is planning to camp out for a night after we finish the Niagara Falls event in June, so it will be a little adventure for me!
What is your favorite color?
Name two things on your bucket list.
I love to travel, so realistically I think visiting all 50 states would be a good bucket list goal. And my second would be to finish sewing the curtains for my bedrooms. As you can tell, I’m not big on lofty goals!
11 Questions from Me
1) What color car do you drive?
2) If blogging is your hobby, what is your job?
3) What’s the furthest you’ve been from your home?
4) What is your favorite childhood cartoon?
5) What is one item you can’t live without?
6) What is your favorite racing distance?
7) What are you afraid of?
8) What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
9) Do you like to cook?
10) What are you reading right now?
11) Disney World or Universal Studios?
Kashi D @ Cape Island Runners
Kristen @ Making It Daily
Maureen @ Running On Cabernet
Leana @ Runner Leana
Michelle Marie @ Lace and Race
Courtney @ The Birdy Bunch
Kelsey @ Marathon Training With A Baby
Bang @ Run Bang Run
Tyly @ one mile at a time
Lonnie @ Healthy Four Life 2012
I look forward to seeing everyone’s posts!
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;